Welcome to McAuley College:
The Sisters of Mercy offered residential support for young women for rural Queensland since 1861. McAuley House, the Residential section of St Saviour’s College provides a unique experience of residential community living for girls in the Mercy tradition.
It is an experience that is based on care, respect and mutual trust, and a positive partnership between the student’s family and the College.
Residential staff and students work together to nurture:
- Catholic education in the Mercy tradition
- Relationships based on respect and personal dignity
- Personal growth through the building of relationships
- Friendships developed in a family orientated environment
- Personal spirituality and a disposition to social justice
- A balanced education to meet the individual needs of young women
- Personal independence, self confidence and a personal best orientation in all aspects of life
- Growth towards maturity in a caring, happy boarding family
McAuley House is a member of the Australian Boarding Schools Association which serves to support and develop best practice in residential communities across Australia.
Residential Life News:
"Lights Out", a quarterly journal by Australian Boarding Schools Association (ABSA), gives opportunities to learn more about how best to support and care for our girls and also provide an opportunity for members to learn from and support each other.
Please visit link below: